Monday, February 1, 2010

At first

I got a few emails from some friends who had started a blog and I thought, that's cute but I bet I would never keep up with it. And who knows if I will or not. But, as I was figuring out what I was going to cook for supper tonight (the kids aren't going to eat the left over home made chicken noodle soup I made last night) I thought about sharing a new recipe I found with my friends and family. And then I thought about how many times I randomly forward recipes, song titles or pictures to my friends and family whether they want them or not! So, I decided to send one last email with a link to my "blog page" where I'll post my recipes (everybody needs a little inspiration sometimes) and my friends and family can chose to look at it in their own time without it filling up their inbox. ;-)
Maybe even one day, I'll learn how to put samples of songs onto my page so that those of you I'm constantly telling to download a song can listen to it before you decide if you want it or not!
So, here goes!!!

First, I want to start with the chicken noodle soup I threw together yesterday that was very healthy and also very good! In the future, I plan to take pictures of all my ingredients so you'll get a better idea, and I may even take a picture of each process as I do it depending on how tricky the step is. ;-)


Crock pot chicken noodle soup

2 cans cream of mushroom
celery salt (to taste)
onion (I use that McCormick bag of frozen diced onions, I just threw a/b a half a cup in there)
carrots sliced (a little over half a bag)
a bag of frozen peas (frozen is best - but I'd use half a bag next time I cook it)
3 to 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless for me, but you do what you like)
2 cups chicken broth (I make it using the granules or cubes b/c it's better but you can use the canned kind if you want)
Egg noodles (8 oz's)
tsp minced garlic


I just put the onions, minced garlic, carrots, peas and salts in the bottom of the crock pot, I put my uncooked chicken breasts on top. Turn your crockpot on about 6 hours (you can do 4 if that's all the time you have, but you'll need to cut your breasts into smaller pieces so that they are done quicker - or better yet, use those small tender cut filets). After about five hours, I took out my chicken and shred it, then returned it. After I returned the chicken I put in my two cans of potato soup and stirred it all together.

I cooked my noodles separately and added them about the last thirty minutes.

See there! Pretty easy and healthy and very tasty. It's good with saltines all crushed in there!
Also, you can add whatever veggies you like in your chicken noodle soup. I'd have added celery if I had any.






Tonight I will cook easy, cheesy enchiladas! And I'll post that recipe (if it goes well) on here tomorrow. Along with some more pictures and ramblings. Oh boy!! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment