For Abby's 7th Birthday we rented out the skating rink and had a blast!! She had plenty of friends there to help her celebrate and they were all busting their behinds trying to skate! I even laced up some skates and gave skating a shot myself!! I did slightly regret that decision the next day though, when my thighs were more sore then they've been in a long while!
I made Abby a special Ooey Gooey Ice Cream Cake for her birthday - it was made with crushed heath bars and I made another one with snickers. They turned out to be a hit and I was so proud!
This was actually a Paula Deen Recipe that I got from a friend of mine. It really wasn't hard but it looked like it was!
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
1 cup butter
8 (1 oz) squares semi sweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream softened
6 bars of Snickers or Heath
3/4 cup chocolate sauce
Garnish : Chocolate sauce and caramel sauce (ice cream toppings)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl, combine butter and chocolate and melt it in microwave at 30 second intervals stirring until it's all melted and smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, add eggs one at at ime whisking well after each addition.
- Whisk in flour until smooth and then pour batter into a 10 inch springform pan.
- Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine half of chopped candy bar with ice cream. Cover and spread the 3/4 cup chocolate sauce on top of the cooked and cooled cake in springform pan. Then add the ice cream you mixed on top of that.
- Put that in the freezer and let it freeze for at least four hours - then when you're ready to serve it, squeeze some of the ice cream toppings (caramel and chocolate) all over the top (looks really pretty and tastes so good!) and then adorn the top with chopped candy bars if desired. Voila.