These were great! My family ate them up and they were fairly easy to make. It was a little time consuming to prepare the corn tortillas for folding, but some of you may have a better way to do it then the way that I did!
Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
1 dozen yellow or white corn tortillas
1 8 oz package shredded cheddar cheese
1 can mild red enchilada sauce
1 can 14 oz wolf brand chili with no beans
1 cup chicken broth
1 heaping tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon oil
1. make the sau
ce for the enchiladas buy combining oil and flour and mixing over medium heat. It'll make a roux and it sounds hard but it isn't. You don't want it to be dark, just let it cook on medium about a minute.
2. Add the chicken broth and mix using a wire whisk. Make sure there are no lumps then add the enchilada sauce and then the chili sauce.
3. Turn off the heat and set sauce aside.
4. get your ingredients for the filling of the enchiladas. I used ground turkey (and I ground it further in a food processor after it was cooked) added some taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water. I used a big spoon full of that and a handful of cheese for the center of the enchilada.
5. so that the corn tortillas don't crack when you roll them, you can either heat them in the microwave for a couple of minutes (that's not what I did) or you can take a little oil in a skillet and lightly coat each side and warm it enough to make it pliable.
6. Grease the inside of a 9x13 pan and put a little of your sauce on the bottom. Roll up your enchiladas and set on top of the sauce. When you're done pour the rest of the sauce onto the enchiladas along with a little cheese. Cook on 375 for about 30 minutes or until it's bubbly.
7. Voila! Enjoy!!