Monday, April 12, 2010

Pork Sandwiches with Spicy Spread

This recipe is super easy, and so good. It's more of an appetizer then anything, it's a fantastic finger food. But you could make a meal of it if you wanted. I got it from a very dear friend of mine, whom I have known since I was in high school. She made it at one of our Annual Christmas get togethers and it has been a staple at every one since then.

Pork Sandwiches

1 or 2 pork tenderloins (this depends on how thick you slice the meat. Usually one will do just fine. And make sure you buy the tenderloin and not just the pork loin. I always get the ones that are packaged with the marinade in them. Teriyaki is the best for this recipe)

1 package of Hawaiian sweet rolls

1 or 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise (I use light mayo)

1 or 2 squirts of sriracha hot chili sauce (this an asian chili sauce in a clear bottle with a green squirt top if you have trouble finding it)

I set my oven at 375 and wrap the tenderloin in tin foil (if you prefer, it is also good cooked on the grill). I set it on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven for about an hour and 15 minutes. (35 minutes per pound of meat). Use a meat thermometer if you are uncomfortable telling when it's done.

After it's done, I turn the oven off but let the tenderloin sit in the oven for as long as I can - this really makes it very tender.

I slice the Hawaiian rolls in half and in a separate bowl, I mix the mayonnaise with the sriracha sauce. You want it to be sort of a light orange - taste it to make sure the spice is to your liking. If it's too spicy add more mayo, if it's not enough, add more sriracha.

Spread the sriracha and mayo mixture on the Hawaiian rolls and put in a slice of the tenderloin.



There you go, it's done. There is something about the mixture of salty from the pork, sweet from the rolls and spicy from the sauce that just makes this really unique and delicious. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment